Saturday, May 08, 2010

Evolution of Online shopping

I am glad that there's something coming up in Singapore's Business IT industry. I like Ecommerce but Singapore market is too small and brick and mortar shops do not have website that supports e-basket, unlike US or UK.



I was introduced to online shopping in Nov-Dec 2008 after i came across my friend's blog which shows a dress she has bought. Honestly, once you've started buying you will soon be addicted to buying online, many live examples around. 

As time passed by, blogshop owners became well-to-do and popular, and they upgrade their blogshops to websites with ebasket. To name a few, hervelvetvase and hollyhoque.

And now, soon to be launched Asia-Pacific Online Shopping Mall - Jipaban. The all time favourite, Bonitochico will be launching some exclusive clothes there (means no BO).

I wonder what is so special about Jipaban and what will Singapore's evolution of ecommerce going to be like in a few years time? I wish i will be the first few to know...

As usual, I end my post with what i've bought this week:
All pictures credit to respective blogshops.


Got instocks for the following:

Indulgescenes - First time buying from them. Bought Floral Ruffle Top for just S$18 mailed! It was initially sold at S$23.50 mailed for members only but few days later they had a members sale ! =) The fabric is good, design and prints worth my S$18. But i had to meet the owner yesterday to collect it as she sent me a wrong item. Features tie back and drawstring at waist:





Agneselle - Got this bustier dress in pink by impulse. I am a uk8-10 and this dress is super loose on me, it can fit a big uk10 for sure. Bust area is neither tight nor low cut as compared to the popular grecian dresses. The straps are real long, i dont think it has anything to do with my shoulders. So ladies who have small frame or wears UK8 and below...please dont get this dress unless you dont mind altering.

Other than that, the material is good and it looks pretty! Non sheer but seamless undies advisable.




Foggiare - English Rose Dress in grey. It was once available in nude, wanted to get it but decided not to. So i cant miss this dress again. Causal & sweet! Stocks still available in grey & black.

Material is soft, comfortable and slightly stretchy. Good for causal days and the hot weather in Singapore. Velvet tie back so that one wont look preggy in it.



Look at their self-designed envelope. So unique & there's a 5% coupon too! I wish i can help some interested blogshops to design unique envelope. If only my friends own blogshops..




Lastly, Ribbon Clogs in PINK from Yventually.  She's selling the cream but may open pre-order for pink. I was lucky that the supplier has the pink in my size. =) Pretty!




The only BO i joined this week belongs to Bonitochico. I joined a total of 11 BOs and none of it are here yet! So frustrating especially on Hollyhoque. Waited for 2 months and the vintage lace sleeved top hasnt arrive!

Knit Off-shoulder top in Pink & Acid wash tulip skirt! It must be lovely~ 



Taking my Off in Lieu on 12 May with Mr bf & Mag. =) Gonna spend quality time with my loved ones! ♥♥♥

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have the AE pink bustier dress too. im UK 8 (something like model beatrice tan's figure) but it fits me just right! mmh... so strange the sizing for yours run big....

Unknown said...

Hmm..how come like that? AE sizing is inconsistent. Is your strap loose? Mine is like super loose. Bust isnt tight at all for me and i'm a C. Unlike the popular grecian dress, it's super tight. Well, i should just feel lucky and say that it's better to be loose than tight. =)

valerie said...

ok that's weird! the straps on mine is a tad loose but wearable and bust area is ok (im a Big B-small C). strange.. anyway, the straps can be easily altered i guess if u wanna keep it. yeah better loose than tight! im keeping mine! oh btw, i saw that you bought the ASOS Lipsy grecian drape dress? U recieved it? i wanna get it too! thinknig of getting from lipsy website...

Unknown said...

I've decided to keep mine but need to alter the straps cos it kept falling off from my shoulders. OOoh, the lipsy dress...ya i did. Hmm, the whole design looks kinda messy in front. And it makes the hips look wider cos of the drape design, plus it's kinda long for a party dress. FYI, it's not fitting at the bottom (referring to the satin bottom)..if it's fitting i think it will look better.The back looks sexy! Material is good and kinda heavy.

I took UK10 and it's too big!! No matter how tight i tie the back, it's never tight enough and i cant fill up the cup (since ang mohs are more well endowed) and the waist area is loose for me. Gotta bring it for major alteration (if possible to alter). At the moment, my dress is collecting dust.

I saw the Ang mohs taking pics of them wearing it, and it looks so nice on them. Fit them to the T. They are so tall and voluptuous, unlike us.

So i wont recommend u to get it unless u dont mind risking. I believe u can save the $$ for safer & more purchase from our local blogshops. =)

valerie said...

tks for your review! you should try to sell it off ebay or something while the design is still "in". haha ive bookmarked yout website cos i enjoy reading your shopping posts, etc! ohh im on CC too... And congrats on your new job!

Unknown said...

Hello! Ya, i did place it on ebay SG at a lower cost but i think it's still too expensive for a buyer and i dont think anyone will have any occasion to wear it. Will sell it to ebay US soon, that's when i have the money.

haha, i am so flattered! I just write simple posts and you enjoy it =) Thank you! You can find me on CC too, same name - Jasyca. Are u using the same nick on CC? =D Do drop by often and let me know what i can improve on =)

valerie said...

hi Jasyca! im limme on CC :)