Sunday, October 03, 2010

Parish Feast Day Celebration

Heads up:  If anyone is interested in having a personal fitness trainer, suffering from sports injuries or etc . Do check out www.aspiringgoals.com. Click here to see his flyer. I've never tried his services though.




Heavy Image Post

This weekend my parish celebrated the feast day of our patron saint - Saint Francis of Assisi.




Everyone was given a bookmark and blessed bun at the end of each mass.



Unlike the many years of food & fun fair celebration, this year celebration involved animals as Saint Francis loves all creation of God.



There were of course still food in the church canteen & fun activities going around in church today to raise funds, but it was on a smaller scale as compared to the previous years.



Manicure for you?



Make a Badge. I like!



Balloons, Balloons..everywhere!




Games for the kids.






I like the art of Henna Drawing. Too bad i was rather busy this morning so didnt get mine done.


Food selling in the church canteen.

Really congested inside:









So where were pets involved in the feast day? Of course in the Blessing of Pets! Even SPCA was involved for Saint Francis of Assisi Feast Day Celebration.



So there were dogs there this morning:






This is a really thin & flat dog. I believe it can run really fast!



And MORE Dogs! So there were alot of barking, smelling and kissing....



If you haven't notice, the dog on the left is the same flirty dog from the picture above.



And more affairs among the dogs.



And besides dogs, we have hamsters, rabbit, tortoise, parrots and my favourite pet during the celebration - Garfield Cat!









Super fat, cute & tame cat! I Like! ♥





The blessing of animals is a remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures. One of St Francis's most famous sermons is the one that he gave to a flock of birds. You can read more here. He also treated and addressed the animals as "sisters & brothers". 







So if you type Saint Francis of Assisi in google/yahoo search engines, you will find many paintings/images of him with animals.




Saint Francis's feast day falls on Oct 4. You may read more about Saint Francis of Assisi here. And his  prayer here.


All images are property of jasyca.blogspot.com



And what i've purchased this week (pictures credit to respective blogshops):

MDS Collecitons - Cowling Shoulder top in Pink, Grey and White & Polka Butterfly Top in Blue
I love cowling tops so much i have it in 4 colours. The material is good and it's cheap. Item is made in Korea. I cant resist tops with rosette, frills or ruffles on it. It makes a simple top really unique. Bought Grey & white from the retail store in Plaza Sing. I want it in all available colours!



Hollyhoque - Pleated Frills Sweethearts tube top (Yellow)  Lost Mail =( 
I got myself this tube top to match it with my variety of cardigans. Impulsive purchase but basic just never die.



Catwalkclose - Blake's Romper (Navy)  SOLD
Not much liking for this romper so if you are interested to buy it from me, do drop me a comment with your email. Brand New. Selling it at S$26.50 mailed. Click here for my LJ feedback link.



Alrighty, Mr Bf and I will be having our dinner at Grand Hyatt Hotel on Monday, will review and update this space about it next week. Thanx to Singapore Grand Prix and my boss. (=

Have a heavenly weekend ahead!

2 comments:

alan said...

welcome to jurong!

great photograph shots!

Unknown said...

Haha, Thanx! =)