Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Gorgeous Hair - Salon Vim

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
All pictures are properties of jasyca.blogspot.com unless otherwise stated

So I left Salon Vim in glee with Gorgeous (temporary) curls, smooth & silky to the touch, and the pleasant smell that's left on my hair after an exciting experience with the professional team.

Photobucket
If you did not notice, i was in BonitoChico dress, HH cardigan & AE clutch. Lol!

I was aware of Salon Vim's presence ever since LB owners became their ambassadors, but that's not the main reason why i decided to get a hair cut there.

My lovely mum own a salon and i've always had my haircut/colouring at home for 20 over years. I have neither visited another salon nor have my own stylist (except for my mum). I don't trust another pair of hands messing around with my.... really straight (no rebonding required) & beautiful hair. *muhaha*

Photobucket
really long & straight eh?

Then it strikes me real hard that my mum is getting older & she's tired after work. My previous employer has corporate discounts with various hair salons and one of which was Salon Vim. My hair by then was:

- really ridiculously long & straight (didnt have a hair cut for more than half a year then)
- Thick & flat like roti-prata
- unlike many, i dont have a proper fix hair parting. (madness!)
- I cut my own fringe (disastrous! Flat, messy & a little balding since i open my parting at the side for quite some time).

Photobucket
please just focus on the hair - Before my visit to Salon Vim

Ever heard that a nice hairdo does change how one looks? So i did some research on Salon Vim (there are so many reviews) and i came across a random lady who visited the salon & paid for the services done by Gary. She put a before & after pictures and OMG! It blew me away! From plain jane to gorgeous!

So in Feb-March I decided to fix an appointment and chose only Gary as i was really particular & don't trust anyone else. He solved my hair woes (as stated above) and most importantly, he gave me a more definite side parting. Point of entry till i left the salon was nothing but pleasant. That was my virgin visit to a Salon at age 24. I told myself that i'll definitely go back soon to dye & highlight my hair.

But Surprise surprise! I was the first lucky winner for their April facebook promotion - L'oreal Professionnel Series Nature Hair Treatment! So my 2nd visit was earlier than i thought.

Photobucket

The whole processes took me nearly 2 hours to complete. So there's the wash, blow dry, applying the green-y hair treatment on my hair, steaming for about 20 mins, wash, blow dry and lastly curling*. Gary and another of his staff explained that the special thing about this L'oreal Series was that it's all natural ingredients made from Fig tree.

Photobucket
picture credits to Salon Vim


I have dry ends and after the treatment it's just smoothness and the smell was heavenly. I really wish i dont have to wash my hair the day after and so on. *Gary wanted to have my hair curled which i resisted initially but he said "For a change in look", i decided to trust in his magic hands & vola!

Photobucket
Look at the fringe - a month plus after my first visit

So I left Salon Vim in glee with Gorgeous (temporary) curls, smooth & silky to the touch, and the pleasant smell that's left on my hair after an exciting experience with the professional team. Thank You,  Gary & all Salon Vim Staff.

Photobucket

I'll be back soon! =)

5 comments:

Nava Krishnan said...

gorgeous make over of the hair and suits you very well. Love the curls and its perfect for a night out.

Unknown said...

Hi Nava, thank you! I like the curls too, Gary really did an amazing job with it. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hair! no wonder so many good reviews about Salon Vim @ http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/salon-vim-chez-vous-313-somerset
Was it expensive?

Unknown said...

Hi!!! Thank you! :)
When I went earlier this year, the haircut rate (style by directors) were only $50+. Now they have increased the rate to $70+. I had corporate discount then, so for my visit i only paid $30+ for my haircut.

Anonymous said...

Wow - gorgeous hair!!!!!!

We just launched a new website in Singapore called www.ZupaDo.com. The site helps people find the best hair salons (and stylists), it would be sooooooo awesome if you could do a really quick review of Salon Vim on the site. Last week we had over 15,000 visitors trying to find a new hair salon, your advice and review of the Salon Vim would be really cool and honest and really help people :)

Keep blogging - your rock!